Mike Sullivan

Default positive and negative color/pattern schemes on speaker wire

I am replacing the front door mounted stock speakers in my '94 Honda Civic.
Not only does Honda use a seemingly proprietory wire connector (that I had
to cut off) they also do not indicate which wire is positive and which one
is negative. I have connected the wires to my new speakers both ways and
each way seems to work fine...however I know that there is only one truly
good way connect them (positive to positive, negative to negative). Honda
has colored one wire solid blue and the other is striped grey and black

Based on this scheme, can anyone tell me which wire is likely to positive
and which one is likely to be negative?

Thanks,
Mike