Posted to rec.audio.tech
Good Music Good Music is offline

Default Question: Impedance matching: adapter for onnecting 8 ohm headphones to modern MP3 player

Question: Impedance matching:

How can I make an adapter to allow connection of old 8 ohm headphones to a
modern personal audio source (MP3 player, etc) expecting the newer kind of
30-40 ohms or so (?) headphones?

Via google, I saw mention of using audio transformers for other impedance
matching applications: Are there such audio transformers that I could use
one for each headphone channel?

Or if that's not sufficient, where might I find plans for whatever kind of
battery-powered IC circuit I may need to build to perform this function?

(Replacing the original 8-ohm drivers in the headphones is not an option for
this application.)

Thanks in advance,
- Goodmusic