Scott Gardner

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 22:28:07 +0800, "AntiSpammer"
wrote:

anyone knows if there is a good tutorial + software calculator on designing
a trapezium box?
math is killing me...
I have tried searching everywhere.....

What exactly do you mean by "trapezium"? Americans usually use this
to describe a four-sided figure with no parallel sides. To the
British, it's a four-sided figure with two parallel sides (what we in
America usually call a "trapezoid".

If you have two parallel sides, the area is 0.5 X (a+b) X h, where a
and b are the lengths of the two parallel sides, and h is the height.
After you find that, multiply by the depth of the box to get the
volume.

If you have no parallel sides at all, the math gets trickier.
Describe exactly how your enclosure is shaped, and I can probably work
out a formula for the volume.

--
Scott Gardner

"You don't need to fire the rig foreman that just blew the top off the wellhead, cause you know for damned sure he'll never do it again." (Ron Gardner)