Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] irfanballard@gmail.com is offline

Default Question on Auto Sound Systems

Question on Auto Sound Systems
*******************************

I am not knowledgeable on car audio systems at all.

I have a few questions:

1. What has a greater impact on the sound quality of a car audio
system ?
Is it the speakers or the sound unit ie CD changer/player/radio ?

2. I have a Lexus which has a Nakamichi sound sytem. It sounds
fabulous.
When I test drove a XJ8 2005 Jag, the car guy said it had an Alpine
sound system giving me the impression that it was a premium sound
system. However, I did not care for it. So I am confused.

My 15 year old son says if I want better sound, all I have to do is to
upgrade the speakers. Is that true ?
He says it is very easy to install better quality speakers on a Jag.
Again is this true ?

I thought the CD changer made a greater impact on the sound quality.
My son claims the speakers make all the difference.

3. What are the standard and premium sound systems in 2004 / 2005
Jags ? ( specifically XJ8)

Thanks for your help in advance,

Irfan Ballard

California