Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] mdindestin@gmail.com is offline

Default Help an old school guy out with a sub

I've got an aftermarket head unit with 20 clean watts per channel and
four quality full range speakers in my convertible. It sounds
mediocre, but I need some bass.

I don't want to pay more than $150 for upgrades and only have one set
of pre-amp outputs.

Wally World has a 10" sub cabinet for $20 and a pioneer subwoofer for
about $50. I could mate this with a low end amp or wait for a better
used one on craigslist.

I don't understand how to the fading will work on my stereo and how I
can best keep the full range speakers from trying to reproduce bass
that they can't handle.

Do I need bassblockers or is there a particular set of features I need
in an amp?

MD