Posted to rec.audio.tech
Bob Urz

Default Tascam US122 USB audio/midi interface

stern wrote:
That *is* is a little odd, if you were using all the same equipment
with the same settings. Same mic, cable, phantom power (or not), knob
positions, etc. I'm assuming that's what you mean. the only other
thing I can think of in that regard is whether the subject was the same
distance from the microphone or the pickup volume of the instrument (if
you're going line-in) was set to the same level. Wierd.

Keep in mind your dealing with TWO separate volume controls in the
windows mixer applet. There is one for playback, as well as one for
record which is on a sub menu. These levels have to be hot as well
as the level control on the US122.

Bob