Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford[_2_] Ty Ford[_2_] is offline

Default Treble in recordings

On Monday, August 5, 2019 at 12:33:48 PM UTC-4, Scott Dorsey wrote:
Actually, I have had pretty good luck playing that PCM F-1 stuff back. The
sound quality is kind of harsh but that's how it was in 1985 too.

It's Exabytes that have been the worst playback nightmare.

I recall Sony changing the formula of the F1 3/4" tapes and later finding that they didn't store well. A lot of stereo master were lost. Don't recall the exact details like what year they changed the formula and how many masters decomposed.

Scary!

Regards,

Ty Ford