Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

Default If Vinylsnatch and ****ter were less doofusish....

On May 23, 2:15*pm, ScottW wrote:
On May 22, 9:22*pm, Clyde Slick wrote:

I like the sound analog and tube audio.
It's great not being shouted down by some asshole for saying that.
good riddance to Arny

*You really felt "shouted down" by Arny on usenet? *I find that odd.

Arny shouted down

*If you think anyone can "shout down" anyone on RAO,
it only tells me you hold the readers of this group in pretty low
regard.

he certainly did, he hijacked discussions by cinstantly
'interjecting the irrelevant issue of dbt's

anyone with a differing opinion, trying' to
invalidate such opinions

*such is the nature of most debates on differing opinions.

civilized and respectful people respect other peoples
rights to hold differeig opionions, as arny did not

by demanding DBT's, so he turned the subject of every discussion not a
DBT tirade.

*Which then spun into a decade long string of anti-Arny tirade on
pretty disgusting levels.

which began with arny's false accusations regarding kp.

*The funny part of your argument is this....Arny won't argue that many
high (relative to SS)
distortion tube based systems aren't audibly different than most SS
systems.
He won't argue that most analog sources and especially vinyl sources
aren't audibly different
than digital sources.....so your premise of liking the sound of tubes
and analog as a personal
preference isn't something Arny would try to refute with DBTs.

So I find your premise that your preference was invalidated with
demands of DBTs at odds with the facts.

no, as many discussions were comparative between items within
the same class.

When was the last time your eyes were gouged.
Better yet, when was the FIRST time.
HAve your empty eye sockets lost their virginity yet?

I don't feel the need to prove anything to myself
or the need to overcome personal bias with DBTs.
But when some audiophool wants to spout some BS...
I'm not going to object to calls for some evidence either.

evidence?
its opinion and matter of taste.