Lord Hasenpfeffer

Default Advantage of tape over MD?

Teemu Torma wrote:

Your screenshot is useless.

The purpose of that screenshot is to demonstrate how - over the course
of an entire album - I have sweetly extended and not at all reduced the
dynamic range of the original audio WAV. To that end, my screenshot is
not useless. As for your other questions about it, however, I can see
your point.

What did the normalize tell about the peak value of the disk,

I'm sure you'll have a really hard time believing this but, I forgot to
re-analyze the resulting WAV for this information before I deleted it.

But I'd be perfectly happy to exactly repeat the process and provide you
with the answer if you'd like.

and what was the adjustment?

+4.5dB.

And what about audacity screenshot about those two milliseconds where
the peak is?

Behold:

http://www.mykec.com/mykec/images/20...FSL_Zoom_1.png
http://www.mykec.com/mykec/images/20...FSL_Zoom_2.png

These are exploded views of the peak which occurs at approximately the
33 minute mark in my remastered version.

As you can clearly see, I have only improved upon the original WAV form.
In this test, I can detect no damage whatsoever to the integrity of
the original information; only dramatic improvment.

BTW, after normalizing MFSL's original WAV, I compared my results with
that of Capitol's 1994 digitally remastered reissue and found remarkable
similarities.

And that is why I routinely use "normalize" to -10dBFS.

Myke

--

Windows...It's rebootylicious!!!