Posted to rec.audio.tubes
bigwig bigwig is offline

Default Fingered tweets the little b*%8&^rds

On 16 Dec, 22:33, bigwig wrote:
On 16 Dec, 20:01, Restless Fingers Syndrome wrote:

bigwig wrote:
Hello,
* I know this is a bit off topic for RAT but hey.
* * I dicovered a few days ago that one or both of my daughters

* wait until they grow up to a point that *no* means something.

LOL, yes my eldest is three and very promising, she can speak a fair
bit of French and Spanish. God only knows how because I can only
barely speak a bit of German. My youngest is two and is a total
lunatic, although she could ride a two wheel bike at 18 months. I
think it was her that did the damage, she is quite in to the way stuff
works and I caught her doing the other tweet.
* As for the kit and skills to redisign a crossover. I have the grey
matter and the tools, just got no clue. I am thinking of building
completely new enclosures, something along the lines of a smallish
speaker cab. with tweet and mid/bassish and a seperate bass under
each. Maybe even cast them in concrete. The four bass/mid drivers I am
left with are very high quality so it would be a shame not to take the
plunge. *The original cabinets are ok just MDF. I could easily chop
them about for a different mounting tweet but am just going to make a
silk purse from a sows ear.
* Yes the hoover does the trick, but one tweet is nailed and I have
never been comfortable with damaged tweeters.
* Anyway in the meantime before I plunge headlong into another project
(I am still doing stuff I started 5 years ago) I just need some tweets
to match the mounting plate of the originals. I know if I start
chopping chunks out I will think **** this crap and start again.
* * Thanks for the interest guys.

**** sorry Fryzz,
Didnt see the link. I guess we pay well over the odds. The Seas units
I am looking at cost that. I could risk it with customs and excise for
that price. even if they sting me like they did on the trannys I got
from the US its still a good deal.
I thought of ribbons. What was wrong with yours?.
Matt.