Posted to rec.audio.car
MAKOSA BOOSA MAKOSA BOOSA is offline

Default Bass versus amplier output?

wrote in message
I just got this cd/mp3 player for my car..
JVC HD/Bluetooth-Ready Car Stereo (KD-G340) and the ad says 50W x 4
peak power. However when I view the manual, it says something like 22W
x 4, 4ohm in the amplifier output section. The bass is really weak. I
guess I don't understand the difference.

22W x 4 is the RMS rating i.e what the unit is capable of producing at a
continuous rate; most head units put out that much. Peak power / Max power
is what the internal amplifier is capable of producing for a very short
period of time, say a second.

Adding a subwoofer to your system will definitely achieve the result your
after. What you're after is a straightforward 'active subwoofer'.