Stewart Pinkerton

On 25 Sep 2004 02:10:54 GMT, wrote:

Place the speakers face to face, especially the wofers, and switch one of
the feed wires so they are now out of phase. This should cancel greatly
the total sound level while not changing the excursion of the cones. How
will you know if it makes any difference when all is done?

I know that many audiophiles believe that speakers need a period of break-in
to sound their best, while others disagree.

This post is a request for those who believe in speaker break-in to provide
advice, and it is also request that those who disagree allow those of us
they believe to be mistaken to continue in the error of our ways without
comment.

My only concern is - how will I know when they have stopped breaking
in, and started wearing out? You can't reasonably have one without the