Captain Howdy

Default Directed Amplifiers

I guess that you missed gold's post.

I've been reparing Orion PPI and A/D/S/ amplifiers for over 10 years
as a hobby. It is not a conicidence that these amplifiers are almost
exactly designed the same from a circuitry standpoint. All 3 use the
same output fets which are Motorola Semiconductor (2N6488 and 2N6491)
(M) and either Fairchild or International Semiconductor on the power
supplies. (F) (I~R). All cream of the crop as far as High Tolerance
Mosfets, Fets, or Jfets.

I still don't see why you fail to see what to all of us is so obvious.
Some employees at Orion left because they didn't like the way things
were being made. Do you think they would start a company to make
things exactly like Orion did before them? No, to ensure they didn't
get called Orion knock-offs, they used different heatsinks (back then,
everyone had a black heatsink with few exceptions) so claiming that
because both PPI amps and Orion amps were black so they must be similar
is a plain wrong.

Juan