Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

Default Oh man I'm borred.......

Well I prefer Tabby amplifiers as the sound tends to be cleaner and bit more
laid back than your standard Calico amplifier.

Of course, when using a cat amplifer, you must make sure voltage does not
drop too much as you will begin drawing more amperes to compensate (ohm's
law: watts=volts X amperes) and the increased heat from higher amperage draw
CAN fry a cat of you are not careful. The smell is a dead (no pun intended)
givaway if this is occuring so I always recommend the use of circuit
breakers or fuses near the cat so this does not occur.

Of course, the other drawback from cat amplifiers is there is often a lot of
hiss (OK, well, hissing), screetching, moaning, and caterwauling. All of
this can effect SQ.

Tongue planted squarely in cheek,
MOSFET

"suprstar" wrote in message
On Jun 11, 7:16 pm, "MOSFET" wrote:
Also, when I said "no wonder Denon went out of business", of course I
meant
no wonder Denon stopped making cat audio amplifiers

I never heard any cat audio I wanted amplified, (except maybe those
little tiny kitten mews, those are barely audible, but so cute!) Our
cat moans in the middle of the night and wakes everyone up. If they
had stuck to the plan and made cat audio attenuators like I told em
to, they woulda definately stayed in business.