Steve Grauman

Default VW's Monsoon Radios

My AM/FM was horrid for 2 weeks after the Eclipse deck went into my GTi. I went
back to the shop, and it turned out to be a bad antenna adapter. A quick
replacement, and my radio reception improved to better than it had been with
the monsoon radio.

By the way, the 2003 is different from the 2002 and older ones I'm told.

Mid 2002, VW started using a 2-din deck with analog bass/treble/fade/balance
adjusters rather than the single-din deck with the "digital" adjustments. Other
than that, the systems are identical. This does not effect after market
installs, except that 2-din equipped Monsoon systems require a dash kit if you
want to move down into a 1-din deck.