Bob Cain

I withdraw the proof. It is flawed. In considering a
challenge by Art Ludwig, I realized that my proof begins
with an unrealistic assumption which allows no conclusions
to be drawn, much less a proof of anything. The flaw is
that I began with:
http://www.silcom.com/~aludwig/Physi...collisions.htm

having a value of zero for delta-t. For any medium with
non-zero mass density that requires infinite force to
achieve a step change in velocity. Obviously, nothing that
follows from the assumption of a step change in velocity can
be valid for a system that disallows that.

Back to the drawing board. There are heuristic proofs
involving reciprocity, conservation of energy and time
reversal (which are actually more satisfying to a physicist)
but I want to find a more direct one.

Sorry,

Bob

simpler."