John L Stewart John L Stewart is offline
Senior Member

Location: Toronto
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimK View Post
I'm testing a Sylvania 6bq7a on a TV-7. Triode 1 jumps up to 50 or even 70, then drifts back down to 43. Triode 2 consistently goes to 43 and stops. The longer I wait between presses, the higher Triode 1 jumps to initially, but always comes down to 43. Minimum good value is 32. I want to sell it on Ebay but not if it's bad.
Thanks.
Jim
The 6BQ7 family is ubiquitous, they are like flies, everywhere. At www.tubesandmore.com only $1.70. Hardly worth your time & effort.

Having said that I've found them (6BQ7, 6BK7, 6BZ7) to perform well in audio applications, better than most people would care to concede.

The attachment shows a pair of adapters I used to sub in for 6SL7 & 6SN7.
I took a lot of measurements (THD & IM) of the amplifier with these subs to compare to the originals. The results were excellant & a bit surprising.

Cheers, John L Stewart
Attached Images