Posted to rec.audio.pro
Robin K. Banks Robin K. Banks is offline

Default Otari MX-55 30 IPS

On Thu, 15 Mar 2012 17:37:06 -0700, gtbuba wrote:

On Mar 15, 6:00Â*pm, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
gtbuba wrote:

Er........Aaah...... Â*The guy selling the Otari MX-55 broke it during
packing so he refunded my Money. Â*WTB Otari MX-55 =3D Me . Â*GT

What did he break? Â*There's not much on those things you can't get
fixed.

Personally, if it were me, I'd hold out for an Ampex 440. Â*There are a
lot of them out there and they are easy to work on, very rugged, and
there is good support for them.

Here is what he said..
" Hey Glenn,
I have refunded you money because while final test tape recorder, got
the take up reel stuck on machine and snaped off tip of reel. Sorry
guess this transaction wasn't ment to happen! Let me start looking for
replacement part." What???
I think he really didn't want to ship it.. Oh well.. I have an Ampex
440B 1/2" 4 track. It's good ,but I don't have enough room to fit it in
my control room. Guess I could use it with longer cables running out to
my playing room. Sort of hate to pull it off the roll around stand, but
I guess I could rack up two channels and transport. GT.

Sure he didn't really mean, "I just saw this http://www.endlessanalog.com/
supported-tape-machines so the deal is off!!!" ? )

--
This beink simple Linux sig_____________________Hooboy!!!!