Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET

Default wiring harness compatibility between different Kenwood CD players

I know for a fact Kenwood changed wire harness configurations a few years
ago (I can't recall now exactly when). I had this same issue come with a
friend's HU, and a new wire harness was necessary.

MOSFET

"JohnEyles" wrote in message
oups.com...

I've gotten a broken Kenwood Excelon KDC-X859 CD/MP3 head unit (vintage
2002).
A bad faceplate ribbon cable; I can NOT believe Kenwood does stand
behind this
crap (witness all the postings in this group about failures of these
cables)
and I'm very tempted not to buy from them again.

That being said, if I DO buy a new lower-end Kenwood unit (KDC-MP2032),
how likely is it that the existing wiring harness (the one currently
connected
to the broken Excelon) will plug right into the new unit ? In other
words is
the connector and pinout on the new unit likely to be identical ?

Thanks, John