Posted to rec.audio.car
Brandonb

Default How to remove my Panasonic car cd player from dashboard?

Oh, and don't worry about the "Security" thing. Its just talking about
the flashing light when you have the faceplate off and does jack schitt.
Its meant to be a scare tactic for people trying to steal stereos.

In your pics, its hard to see where you're placing those plastic keys.
You may be placing them outside where they actually need to be to pop
the unit out. Try pushing them in firmly as near the HU as possible,
around the middle on the side. You may even try pushing the HU in a tad
when doing this as you might be creating a snag when its trying to push
the clip out.

Brandonb

wrote:
Thanks everyone.
I will try the way u guys suggested. But I really find it hard to take
away the dash in order to unscrew those screws.... Maybe visiting the
shop is my last choice.

Cheers,

spongehead wrote:

Middle of Maine, only thing we gotta worry about are those friggin
raccoons, they'll break into anything but they wont steal your radio,
just the fries that dropped on the floor, lol. I havnt even taken the
keys out of the ignition since I got the car.