Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET

Default How to remove my Panasonic car cd player from dashboard?

I just saw those pictures. You DO have to remove the dash trim pieces. See
my other post, your HU is attached to that tray thing below it by a metal
flange, which is attached to your dash. When you remove the trim pieces
around the HU, you will see the screws that allow to remove the HU assembly.

MOSFET

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

My car is a sedan Mazda 626. The player was installed properly, none of
the plastic dashboard part is covering the player. I just can't pull
the player body out of the slot. I thought there are some locks or
hooks or anything else stopping from pulling out.

There are some photos he
http://unlimitedpage.50megs.com/

MOSFET wrote:

Two things, first what kind of car do you have. Second, please be a
little
more specific about EXACTLY what has you stuck. Have you removed the
dashboard trim pieces around the HU? With most cars, you sort of have to
take the dash apart to get at the HU.

MOSFET

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I've got a Panasonic DP-33 CD player installed in my car, I would like
to take the head unit our from the dashboard for connecting another
speakers. I've got a problem on removing the headunit from the
dashboard. I first remove the faceplate, then all the screws that i can

see.

I've got 2 flat metal thing plugged at 2 sides of the unit. But I can't

even move the unit a bit. There is a word "SECURITY" printed on the
unit behind the faceplate. I have no idea on removing the thing out.
There is no article or document about this player. I reckon some people

has got the similar product and have experience on removing the thing.

Thanks so much!
Eugene.