Arny Krueger

Default How to connect RCA Audio Plug to speaker wires?

Richard Crowley wrote:
"Jack3000" wrote in message ...
The 6.1 surround sound system I have is one from Creative Labs that
connects to the computer. The subwoofer for this system has jacks in
the back of it where all the the speakers connect from. There's no
mismatch of equipment here, I simply followed the directions that
came with the speakers. I only came across a problem when I needed
to use different wire because the wire that came with the system
wasn't long enough. Hopefully, with the advice that you all
provided, I can successfully complete the installation of my rear
speakers.

Are you CERTAIN that the RCA jack input on your subwoofer
is SPEAKER level and not LINE level? It is highly unusual
for a subwoofer to have an RCA jack for speaker level input
(unless is it is a little plastic "toy" computer speaker or something)

Actually, RCA speaker jacks are not unusual with low-cost systems. My church
has a low-powered integrated amp from Radio Shack that is built this way.