George Gleason

Default How in the hell do you mic a bagpipe???

I don't know anything about the Galician pipes, really, but if certain

people
would show up to their gigs on time I might learn something about them

rather
than sticking them in front of a 57.

I just finished a Tour with the "old blind Dogs" as for live
Rory had a set of Galician pipes called a Gaita
and live a m88 at the chanter worked just fine
the hard part was balancing the galician pipes against Malcoms(bare flesh)
finger picked guitar
against the throbbing Djembe
and a fiddle
Fun stuff

Rory also played various big and small whistles some of which he processed
with a wah wah
you think you got your monitors all rung out then he sweeps the long
sustained tone on the whistle
with the Wah
I am definitly a beeter engineer now than I was before the tour
LOL
George