Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Andrew Haley Andrew Haley is offline

Default Modern Reviewing Practices In Audio Rags Have Become Useless

Robert Peirce wrote:
In article ,
Andrew Haley wrote:

Why? Aren't you there for the music? Why does it matter if the music
is amplified? If the interpretation and the playing is good, won't
you enjoy it anyway?

In my case, my sound system at home was significantly better than the
system in the hall.

Me too. Sound at home is almost always better than the system in a
hall. Most of the time that's probably true of everyone in this
group. But the musicians are playing in the hall, not in my home.
They're real flesh and blood, not a recording.

Andrew.