Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Audio_Empire[_2_] Audio_Empire[_2_] is offline

Default Modern Reviewing Practices In Audio Rags Have Become Useless

On Monday, August 5, 2013 9:47:27 AM UTC-7, Scott wrote:
On Monday, August 5, 2013 9:20:56 AM UTC-7, Andrew Haley wrote:
=20
Audio_Empire wrote:

On Sunday, August 4, 2013 7:32:42 PM UTC-7, Andrew Haley wrote:

Audio_Empire wrote:

I would not walk out just because there is sound reinforcement but I don'=

t agree with you about this separation between sound (I would add view to t=
hat as well) and the communication between the audience and the performers.=
What we as audience members actually hear and see is a pretty important pa=
rt of that communication. The same exact performance as seen and heard up c=
lose at Disney Hall is a totally different experience as seen and heard fro=
m the back row at the Hollywood Bowl. So there is a whole lot more to it th=
an just the performance. I don't care how good the performance is, you woul=
d never know it from the back of the bowl. OTOH the visceral experience of =
an orchestra from row EE dead center at Disney Hall is one that will follow=
you for the rest of your life.=20
=20
=20
=20
It does matter. A lot.

There, at least, we agree. It matters to me, at least.=20