Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

Default Stereo receievers: THD of .04 vs. .08

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
I suspect that Graham and the last AP test set he ever used have been
separated for some time.

If indeed he has ever used one, pity he didn't do some testing at the levels
he claims are a problem.
OTOH I doubt it since he keeps mentioning manufacturers published specs
rather than his own testing.

Me, I never had one, but figured out how to fake it
with really good sound cards.

The Lynx and Spectra-Lab is hardly "faking it" IMO :-)
More than adequate to prove the fallacy of his argument. But since he keeps
redefining it more narrowly each day, he will probably be right sooner or
later :-)

A fairly mediocre one in the right hands
could educate the man about modern reality.

I doubt it, first you have to WANT to learn.

MrT.