Posted to rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default Stereo receievers: THD of .04 vs. .08

"Mr.T" wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote

Is it a "conventional Class AB bipolar design" ?

It is class AB, and it is bipolar.

It's not conventional.

Brilliant wording on your part, since you get to decide what is
"conventional" it seems.

Anyone with reasonable experience of amplifier circuitry is likely to get
the gist of what I meant.

Anything other than a basic text book design is non-conventional right?

To elaborate, I'm primarily referring to the classic emitter follower
output stage with all the output devices biased into conduction at idle. I
already said that design tweaks can ameliorate cross-over THD, so yes, I'm
excluding examples of those.

As for the Crown Macro Tech, I suggest you look at the schematics and see
for yourself why I call call it unconventional.
http://www.crownaudio.com/pdf/legacy...schematics.zip

What else is it you want to know ?

Graham