Posted to rec.audio.car
kak via CarKB.com kak via CarKB.com is offline

Default 2006 Silverado stock radio wiring diagram

I have everything hooked up except for the remote wire for the amp. I have
it hooked to the orange wire but the amp does not turn off after the vehicle
is off. I tried it on the pink wire and that does not work either. When it
is connected to the pink wire the radio turns on and off and lights on the
dash light up that shouldn't be. Does anyone know how I am supposed to hook
that up?

Captain_Howdy wrote:
Here is a wild guess "2006 Silverado stock radio wiring diagram" LOL

Here is a radio wiring diagram for a 2005, if the colors match up then it's
the same as 2006.

DIRECTWIRE„˘ WIRING INFORMATION - CHEVROLET / SILVERADO / 2005 / Audio

Radio 12v orange + radio harness
Radio Ground black/white - radio harness
Radio Ignition (Class 2 Serial Data)
Radio Illumination N/A
Factory Amp Turn-on pink + radio harness
Power Antenna N/A
LF Speaker +/- tan - gray +,- radio harness
Notes: If equipped, the amplifier is under the center console.
RF Speaker +/- lt. green - dk. green +,- radio harness
LR Speaker +/- brown - yellow +,- radio harness
RR Speaker +/- dk. blue - lt. blue +,- radio harness
Interface Module: Category:
Immobilizer Bypass Required:
Yes Type:
Passlock II
Part #: 555LW
Alternate Part1 #: 555T
Notes: Not required if using the combo interface module.
The Passlock II wire colors are yellow, black, and red/white (not used).
Interface Module: Category:
Door Lock Interface Required:
Yes Type:
Data Bus
Part #: 456G
Notes: Not required if using the combo interface module.
Interface Module: Category:
Combo Interface Required:
Yes Type:
Data Bus
Part #: 457GW

OK, that information helped. Here's an idea you may want to consider. If
you are COMPLETELY stumped by looking at the back of the factory HU, you

[quoted text clipped - 40 lines]

MOSFET