George Gleason

Default How in the hell do you mic a bagpipe???

"Ryan Richards (Diesel Breath)" wrote in message
???

depends are you recording or doing live sound
if your recording I would take a omni to it
if your doing live the melody of the pipe come out the chanter

thisis where the fingers are

the drones that stick over thier heads generally do not need mics for live
reinforcment

I just finished a 2 cd set of the pipe and drum competetion at the CNY
scottish game
and would be happy to send it out to any real pipe and drum competition
fans
\NO CLASS 1 Bands
classes 2-5 only
the recording was made with two neumann 184s in a xy position and a 103
between them elevated about 10 feet over the compition circle
and about 20 feet away(I was not allowed to put mics on the 'feild"

also Have the massing of bands
and the sound of rain falling on the plastic bag I had to cover the mics
with 2/3 of the way through the show
Peace
george