Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Scott[_6_] Scott[_6_] is offline

Default Sony gets serious about high-resolution audio, again

On Thursday, September 19, 2013 6:58:03 AM UTC-7, Andrew Haley wrote:
Scott wrote:
=20
=20

=20
Failure? SACD is alive and well in the audiophile market. Lot's of

=20
new SACDs coming out each week and many of them are really well

=20
mastered. SACDs are about as dead as vinyl.

=20
=20
=20
Well, yes. So what are their sales, then? I can't find out. However,
=20
there seem only to be threee pressing plants capable of making them,
=20
so there can't be many.

I don't know what their sales are but I do know it is good enough for audio=
phile labels to release many new titles on a regular basis. I can barely ke=
ep up. No, I can't keep up. I would have to say more than enough to sustai=
n a healthy niche market. From a very personal selfish perspective that is =
plenty.

=20
=20
=20
The last thing we need is a niche audiophile-only format.
=20
=20

Why? Ss an audiophile that makes me very happy. What is the downside?=20