normanstrong

Default What type of receiver?

"D2" wrote in message
om...
I'm about to replace my 15-year old Technics integrated amplifier

with
a Yamaha receiver (they don't seem to make integrated amps anymore?)

like Yamaha sound. Anyway, should I concentrate on stereo receivers

or
AV receivers? I do have a DVD player, but I am more concerned with
audio quality than the bells and whistles. I don't even turn on the

TV
much. Right now I run 2 main and 2 other speakers off of my Technics
for a pseudo surround for the DVDs.

I'd always recommend an A/V receiver. The audio quality is the same
in either case. The only thing you have to concern yourself with is
the presence or absence of a phono stage. If you don't play LPs, even
that is moot.

Norm Strong