Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

Default compact mixer of decent quality

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
Nate Najar wrote:
The big reason to replace the yamaha is that the external line lump scares
=
the hell out of me. I want to get something with an internal supply that
t=
akes an IEC cable. If I'm going to get something new, I want something
goo=
d. I don't buy crap anymore which is why I have schoeps mics and prism
con=
verters now but I also rarely buy anything because I don't want to spend
mo=
ney on crap. When I need more mics I borrow or hire them.

It's true that those things do fail a lot, although the advantage of them
is
that they get the transformer physically away from the electronics which
is
otherwise hard to do in a tiny little compact box.

Most of the modern mixers with inbuilt supplies are switch mode, so the
transformer is small, light, and operates at high frequency, so little
problem putting them in the box now.

Trevor.