Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Rudy Rudy is offline

Default Which tube expert can do custom works?

"Tynan AgviŠr" wrote in message
. 3.70...
: Eeyore wrote in
: :
:
:
:
: Rudy wrote:
:
: ok, that's something ;-)
: I'll translate that into more specific terms to see if i get you
: right:
:
: a channel with an XLR balanced input, individually switchable phantom
: supply,
: all gain coming from tubes (requiring an input transformer) just 2
: buss wires
: (no send/return/inserts), a 100 mm production quality fader, no
: overload indicator; How about metering ?
:
: Graham
:
:
:
: Yes Sir(s) exactly. Nice input transformers ( I Like the Lundahl LL7903,
: which has an amorphous core and is capable of +16 dBU input..perfect
: combination for me of a clean but euphonic sound)..yes, that is exactly
: right above! Metering..nice analog meters, nothing complicated..for me I
: like everything I use to go by the KISS principle(which I learned in my
: previous life in Military Special Operations..Keep it simple, stupid!)
:
: you gentlemen summed up what I was thinking perfectly! so who can tackle
: this for me?? I will be very grateful. I know it wont be very cheap, but
: ive found that in audio, good things arent normally cheap.
:
hmm, ok, the raw bill of materials for such a mixer,including the cost of
a commissioned flightcase and set of frontplates, 6 for the channels,
1 master for the output/headphone/metering section,
Penny & Giles or ALPS faders and comparable quality panpots,
input gain pots , circuit boards, knobs, supply, tubes, ventilation system
will run up to 2000 EUR, i'd guestimate.

what Graham means by a-one off being a problem, in addition to
this BoM, there's the design, prototype, measure, evaluate,
design finalize & actual building hours that have to be made up
for in cost by 1 product.

Rudy