Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default Which tube expert can do custom works?

Ian Iveson wrote:

Tynan AgviŠr wrote

I am a recording engineer, and I would like to check with
some persons who are working with tube audio
equipment(making it) about manufacturing for me
a custom 8 in, 2 out tube based mixer. I record all
acoustic music, chamber
music, folk, bluegrass, celtic, world music, choir,
acapella, etc. there a
lot of mass produced choices, but I would like something
very special. I
have spoken to MOSCODE months ago, and he said he would do
it, but then
never answered my last emails. If anyone can help me, I
would much
appreciate it, and will send you all the first recordings
of my label
(audiophile type label beginning late this year).

If you like the sound of old mixers, then I suggest you
acquire an old mixer.

A mixer of the vintage he's interested in will now be
ultra-exceptionally rare (they were exceptionally rare to begin with !)
and likely already in the hands of a well-heeled rock star or the like.
Indeed I know of a couple of former EMI desks (one tubed and one
germanium transistor) in such ownership.

You may choose to have an old mixer made new, in which case
you need someone who can copy whichever old circuit you like
and build it to your quality expectations. You wouldn't need
a designer.

The designer would be able to adapt that circuit to use modern (and
reliable) constructional techniques, without which the project might
never get off the ground.

Graham