Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Tynan AgviŠr Tynan AgviŠr is offline

Default Which tube expert can do custom works?

Eeyore wrote in
:

I would first ask you why you want to use tubes since it will restrict
the possible technical performance seriously compared to modern
solid-state circuitry. I presume you like the tube colouration ?

Sir, thank you so much for your reply. My answer is pretty simple.
I like the sound. It is nothing less and nothing more than that. My
favorite recordings are from the 40s and 50s(RCA Living Stereo, Anything
Bill Porter engineered, Hank Sr, Peggy Lee, Doc Watson albums from that
time period).Some Solid State equipment may be vastly superior on paper,
but it will never, ever be able to do what a good Tube piece will.

Such a thing would be VERY expensive to custom design as a one-off
though.

Who's MOSCODE btw ?

Well, my life is only a one-off, so I can deal with that. I like taking
risks and never, ever forgo doing anything that i am otherwise capable of
doing..
as for who is moscode..
http://www.moscode.com/home.htm The reason I called them was because I
had heard that david Chesky uses a custom mixer from them..I also contacted
Tim Paravincini based on a reccomendation from my good friend Kavi
Alexander, but as of today at 830 am est I havent heard from him either.
(something that makes me very ****ed off is when someone simply does not
make contact to say hey, go to hell, or **** off ..but says nothing!..that
is worse than slapping me in my face..anyway..way off subject)

I also love VACRAC preamps very much..consider them to be the ultimate mic
amps. Thanks again Sir

-Tynan