Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Help modding a circuit: MultiVox MXD-5

wrote:

-----------------------

I agree that I have never SEEN a guitar amp with the springs driven
by the power amp, but if it was done, it could work.

** Only if you have a second amp.

It would have the same limitations that any other reverb system with
feedback has..... and that is as the other poster said, the gain
around the loop has to be 1.

** It has the same characteristics as a mic, room & speaker combination.

The tape loop or bucket brigade or any other reverb system has
same limitation.

** Not the SAME limitiation.

The number of echoes can me hugely magnified by feedback.

To avoid a flame war...I agree that I have never seen it done in practice.

** Nobody has, cos it doesn't do anything useful.

...... Phil