Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] peckw508@netzero.com is offline

Default Help modding a circuit: MultiVox MXD-5

On Monday, January 21, 2008 at 11:49:27 AM UTC-5, jtougas wrote:
Hi folks -

I picked one of these up a few years ago, and while I've always liked
the delay portion of it, the reverb always sounded a little weak. So,
acting on impulse, I pulled out the little 2 or 3 inch long reverb
tank, and riveted in a 9 inch Accutronics from a Carvin amp that had
recently gone up in smoke (not my fault, I never touched the insides
of it! - shame, too, great sounding amp).

So, now the reverb tails off much more nicely, and sounds better, only
it's much more dim than it was before.

So, what do I need to do to the circuit now? Replace some caps? Change
out a potentiometer? Both? Neither?

Look somewhere else? *grin*

Any leads would be appreciated.

Thanks -
--
jtougas

"listen- there's a hell of a good universe next door
let's go" - e.e. cummings

i realize this post is 7 years old but you said that you changed out the spring and i was wondering if you could tell me where the connections were on the PCB? Mine had the spring unit ripped right from the board with very little of the wires remaining. i took a guess and rewired it but it doesn't work so i guess i did it wrong.
thank you