Posted to rec.audio.pro
david gourley[_4_] david gourley[_4_] is offline

Default 12" passive radiator replacement?

Les Cargill :

Scott Dorsey wrote:
wrote:

problem with multiple subs is that unless the subs are located right

next to each other, there will be areas in the room (or space) with
destructive interference and other areas with constructive interference.

That's a feature, not a bug. The good part is that the changing phase
relationships give you low frequency imaging. The bad part is that in
poor rooms, the changing phase relationships give you bizarre imaging

that
bears little relationship to what is on the original recording.
--scott

I looked at subs for ... years. They're all but unbuyable.

I finally gave up and we now have a Logitech 2.1 computer speaker setup
on the big TV. I bought it to fill the gap and never bothered upgrading.
One of my kids had the same model, and I thought they weren't too bad.
Her room has an expanse of hard floor that's not kind to them, but we're
on carpet.

Yeah, it's got a 2-4k bump but it's a TV setup and they hide the dialog
under the foleys these days. No, really - you watch a 1960s movie on
them and it's just fine.

I should get an impulse of that setup.

That's funny. I use the same thing on our main TV too. It was better than
any sound bar I heard.

david