Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default converting WAV file to MP3

John Williamson wrote:
On 04/01/2020 16:35, Mike Rivers wrote:
Maybe it's going out to a few web sites to see if the music is stolen? I
use WinAmp (yes, it's old) and it plays just about anything, real
snappy. And the best feature for me - and I've looked for this in other
media players and haven't found it - is the Bookmarks. I save the URL of
streaming radio stations that I like to listen to and can get to them
straight from WinAmp without having to open a real web browser.

It was a real shame when support for Winamp was discontinued after the
original team were bought out.

Luckily, versions for Windows and Android are still available if you
search.

They went on to found REAPER, so it wasn't all bad. I have an old
version of WinAmp, and it seems to work great.

--
Les Cargill