Posted to rec.audio.pro,uk.rec.audio
Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) is offline

Default converting WAV file to MP3

Yes the lame conversion system is almost universally used these days as its
free and nowadays is not any worse than the posh paid for variety.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"MikeS" wrote in message
On 04/01/2020 09:49,
lid wrote:
On Sat, 4 Jan 2020 08:56:08 -0000, "Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\)"
wrote:

I've just looked at the file. Its very short and sounds like somebody
trying
to record something with the microphone inside a backpack next to some
noisy
machinery. What on earth is the point in making it into an mp3, its very
short already and unless its some alien communication it seems a trifle
useless.
Brian

Can you embed a WAV file in an HTML web page? Obviously you can embed
an MP3 file in a web page, but I think you can't with a WAV.

According to;

https://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_audio.asp

you cannot use an AUDIO element for a WAV for IE/Edge.

This is adquate reason for converting to MP3.

Your questions/concerns are overkill for what you want.

As others already said there are plenty of free programs with which the
conversion to a perfectly adequate mp3 file is a trivial task. If you
prefer you can even do it online:
https://online-audio-converter.com/