Posted to rec.audio.pro,uk.rec.audio
[email protected] invalid@invalid.invalid is offline

Default converting WAV file to MP3

On Sat, 4 Jan 2020 07:56:39 -0500, Mike Rivers
wrote:

On 1/4/2020 3:56 AM, Brian Gaff (Sofa 2) wrote:
sounds like somebody trying
to record something with the microphone inside a backpack next to some noisy
machinery. What on earth is the point in making it into an mp3, its very
short already and unless its some alien communication it seems a trifle
useless.

Maybe to share. While MP3 doesn't offer the highest fidelity, it's the
most common audio file format and just about everyone can play it. Some
people might balk at downloading or trying to play a WAV file because
they don't know what it is.

Absolutely. I think HTML5's AUDIO element doesn't allow WAV for MS
Internet Explorer and Edge. I'm not sure about this and will follow up
when I have some information.