Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Hail Mary for my sustain pedal.

On 29/12/2019 2:25 pm, gray_wolf wrote:
On 27/12/2019 8:15 pm, Tobiah wrote:
More likely a combination of inadvertent key-presses on the keyboard
that has disabled the sustain pedal.

geoff

Good guess, but MIDI-OX (Thanks Mike) wasn't showing expected
data for a sustain press, so I did a factory reset on the So8.
I'm back to normal now.Â* MIDI-OX shows CC: Pedal (Sustain) and
my pianos work as expected.

It's odd, because I only ever use the synth for controlling
things on my computer.Â* I don't have much occasion to consult
the synth's menus.Â* I don't know why something might have changed.

Thanks all, for the guidance.

Tobiah

Digital circuits have been known to produce errors.
Maybe not often, but it can happen.
Your flip can flop. ;-)

Users have been known to make errors far more frequently - I'd still go
with the inadvertent key-press combination scenario.

geoff