Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nil[_2_] Nil[_2_] is offline

Default Mac Pro 2019

On 23 Dec 2019, (Scott Dorsey) wrote in
rec.audio.pro:

We're at the point where SSDs are so much faster than rotating
disk and yet not that much more expensive than rotating disk. You
can now buy a 500T SSD from a major manufacturer (not server grade
but entirely acceptable for routine use) for $100.

Surely you must mean 500 GB, not T(erabyte)?!

I'll stick to conventional hard disks for now. They're much cheaper
than SS disks, and reasonably reliable, and I'm comfortable dealing
with them. They're slower, of course, not that has not ever been a
problem for me. I've been led to believe that SSDs are liable to fail
prematurely without warning. That's enough to put me off them. HDD is a
mature and proven technology.

You can get 4 terabyte hard disks for well under $100 any day of the
week. That's a lot of bang for the buck.