Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford Ty Ford is offline

Default mics for classical guitar

On Thu, 8 Dec 2011 23:38:56 -0500, chris ruth wrote
(in article
):

Any recommendations for mics that may be an upgrade from Oktava
MK-012s for recording classical guitar.
Let pre-empt some of your questions

room - ok, treated so kind of 'dead' on purpose
guitar - great!
player - ok (well it's me, i can post some recordings if you want to
gauge that)
equipment - usbpre 2 and laptop...that's it!
I will also do some guitar orchestra (boston guitar orchestra)
recordings live, and spaces vary alot.

thats
Chris

Schoeps CMC641
TLM 67

Most classical folks are pretty sensitive about the plasticky sound of the
1st and 2nd strings. Using a mic with a bright top end increases the plink.

The mics I've mentioned above don't.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Guitar player?:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWaPRHMGhGA