Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] adil.hoxha@gmail.com is offline

Default volume to speakers low

So I did a speaker test:
I took the inside floor speakers outside to the patio and they were
more quiet as well. (Not as quiet - they are better speakers, but still
significantly more quiet...). Could it be the way I've got something
wired? I think I've got all the +/- in the right spots, but if I
didn't, would that make a difference? Is there a standard for where
in-wall volume controls "match" what is coming through the line? (Is
"10", full volume = regular volume coming through the line?) I didn't
solder the connections yet - would that make a diffence? Can you tell
from my questions I am both new to this and at a loss for what to do?
I'm sure I'll figure something out - could always have the inside
volume up higher - just remember to turn it down before I put the
inside speakers back on...