Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

Default Vinylsnatch Should Suck Bratzi's Butt

On May 23, 10:40*am, "Shhhh!!!! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:
On May 23, 4:11*am, Bret L wrote:

*Vinylsnatch is a yuppie **** who has never built anything and doesn't
understand electronics or manufacturing. Where he gets off as some
sort of authority is beyond any reasonable accounting.

Yes, Bratzi, it's *you* people should listen to. Dumb Nazis rule!
LMAO!

Not that you have close to a valid point, but I have never seen Boon
claim to be an expert on manufacturing or building anything. Perhaps
you could point me to his statements about that if I'm incorrect.

http://www.furious.com/perfect/vinyl21.html

"A reader e-mailed me recently asking me a similar question. "Where do
you get all of this information about turntables and LPs and hi-fi in
general?" he said. And I thought long and hard about it... how did I
come to travel this long and winding road of vinyl appreciation? I'd
like to don my expert's cap and say that I've had a long and
distinguished career in LP mastering or music publishing or audio
engineering or something like that, but the truth is that I'm just an
ordinary guy, someone like you... a music lover. Oh, and I read about
this stuff. A lot."

I've NEVER claimed to be anyone but a layman who has been lucky enough
to use a lot of great equipment. I've also learned how to set up a
system properly, which is why I was hired by TONE. Jeff came over to
hear my system before he hired me, and he was floored. Meanwhile,
Scott's system always sounded like ass, even when he threw some
serious money at it.

A knowledgeable person doesn't set a pair of electrostats on a pair of
wooden stools and then laments that the deepest bass isn't there. A
Quad ESL has very nice bass if you know how to set them up correctly.
Scott always had Art and I over to help, and now he's strutting around
calling people frauds. Moron.

I bet Bratzi's system--which he never talks about--probably sounds
equally ****ty. When people have questioned my acumen, I invite them
over. I wonder how many people have heard Bratzi's system and then
looked to him for audio advice. I'm guessing it's zero.