Posted to rec.audio.car
e-nigma

Default Help fixing a Code Alarm security system

"umpqua123" wrote in message
oups.com...
My Code Alarm car security system just died. I can still lock all doors
with the keyless remote but, the remote can't be used to unlock the
doors. I can hear a click noise from under the dash (drivers side) but,
it won't unlock the doors. I tried using a spare set of keyless remotes
but still same result. At this time entry is only gained by using the
key in the door. When parking the truck, usually the doors
automatically unlock when turning the ignition off, now the doors
remain locked. You can still hear the weak click noise under the dash
when you turn off the ignition. But, you must manually unlock the door
to get out.

I bought the car used and it had an aftermarket security system install
in it already. No alarm, just a keyless entry system and an ignition
switch cut out and a red led flashing light on the dash.

Can anyone offer me any tips/suggestions on how to fix this?

Does the car have a factory Lock/Unlock switch on the door?
does that switch unlock the doors?
Is it just 1 door or all doors
What year and type vehicle is it?