Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Sennheiser mkh405 problem

Rick Ruskin wrote:
On 9 Oct 2020 16:29:04 -0000, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
Rick Ruskin wrote:

Thanks. I'll contact Sennhieser tomorrow to see if they still service
this unit. The caps have been obsolete for decades now but I suspect
something else has bit the dust.

I'd ask them to recap both of them when they fix one, so that you'll have
a pair that are reasonably matched. They are both overdue for that sort
of maintenance.

Sennheiser informed me that they no longer support these mics. Would
you like to take qa look at them?

Not really. Surely someone works on them, they aren't that bad. Let me
ask a former Sennheiser guy.