Ethan Winer

Default Transient response of actively filtered speakers

Dick,

Tell us, how wide is 1/12 octave at, say, 20 Hz?

It doesn't much matter because that's not where his problems are! The
perception of "not enough bass" is around 70-200 Hz. The graph at
www.ethanwiner.com/response.gif shows actual measurements I made in a
friend's smallish control room. Note in the upper portion that the peaks and
dips between 130 and 200 Hz are all about 1/12 octave apart. So, depending
on which 1/12 octave frequencies you measure, you could see the true
response, a flat line, or something in between.

Ethan's only tool is a hammer, and thus ALL problems look like nails to

him.

There's no need to be rude or insulting. If you disagree with something I
say, just address the issue in a professional and civil manner.

Also, I was disappointed you didn't stop by my company's booth at the AES
show and say Hi. I really wanted to meet you in person (and still do).

--Ethan