Nousaine

Default Why do the anti-ABX folks not deliver?

(ludovic mirabel) wrote:

(Nousaine) wrote in message
t.net...
(S888Wheel)wrote:

..snips.......

Please. I accept any and all "evidence." Stewart's experiments have not

been
documented nor have they been replicated. The latter isn't his
responsibility.
The former is.

The tests in the reports you sent me haven't been replicated either.

Doesn't
matter. What matters is if the are replicable. Stewert says he has

documented
his tests. I see no reason to think he is lying.

Oh for Christsakes' as of 1990 there had been been 2 dozen documented and
published bias controlled listening tests of power amplifiers that

basicallt
showed that any device with flat response that wasn't hampered by operating
fault or high output impedance were sonically transparent....so why do we

need
any more evidence on this matter???????

I reviewed two extensive relevant bibliographies published in RAHE by
Mtry Craft and Klaus Rampelman. There was one only (1) published panel
ABX "listening test" in the Stereo Review 1982- of course with a
negative result. Mr' Krueger and his two supertrained ABX codevelopers
published one, too supposedly positive but hardly representative of
the average audiophile crowd.
If you have "2 dozen" please give references (Mag, author, year,
month, page) to a few of them to begin with.
You surely are too responsible to join those who said one ane and all
that they had "many" , "numerous" and when pressed against the wall
kept silent. As for Oakland comparisons of 10 watt DIY Heathkit
against 400 watt Dynaco surely you'll not bring up that one again.(
you did once) It was funny ha ha "positive" anyway. They could tell
the difference, believe it or not.
Ludovic Mirabel

If you obtain a copy of the Proceedings from the AES 1990 Conference "The Sounf
of Audio" you'll find my paper which provides a listing of 23 blind tests of
power amplifiers that had been published prior to that time.